Help Your Child Get the Most out of Early Discoveries Nursery School
Early Discoveries Nursery School wants your child to get the most out of our programs. In order to achieve this goal, we request that you follow the simple guidelines below.
- Do not send a sick child to school! Call your child’s teacher if he or she has a communicable disease.
- Send your child wearing non-marking running shoes and comfortable clothing so that he or she can move freely in the gym.
- Remember that we are a nut and chocolate free environment. Provide your child daily with a fully prepared snack. (i.e. cut grapes in half, carrots in sticks, hot dogs in strips, etc.). This snack should contain food from two food groups. A plastic container will be given to your child at the beginning of the school year with your child’s name printed clearly on the top with a permanent marker.
- Read all notices posted outside the classroom and check school bags daily for their art treasures and the class newsletters.
- Use the school bags provided to carry snacks and supplies to and from school rather than a fancy school bag. Our aides find these much more convenient to pack.
- Note that we follow the Public School Calendar for all holidays. You will find the calendar on our website and a copy will be posted on the school bulletin board. Please print and post it on your fridge along with your teacher’s phone number. Keep this handy at all times so you can easily discuss progress or concerns.
- Be sure that your child goes to the washroom before entering the classroom. Numerous bathroom trips eat up precious classroom time.
- Note that one month’s notice of withdrawal is required.
- Call your child’s teacher if any problems arise.
- Pick up and drop off your child promptly and be sure to escort them right to the classroom door.
- Remember that the bank charges for N.S.F. cheques. A $25.00 charge will apply to any N.S.F. cheques.
- Enjoy Early Discoveries open door policy.
- Review Early Discoveries Nursery School’s Discipline Policy.
Our parent’s handbook provides details about our programs and rates, registration process, cancellation and other policies, late fees, and more.
Fruits and Veggies Always a Good Choice
We have been asked to publish a list of safe peanut and chocolate free snacks on this site but the list is extremely long. Keep in mind that fruits and vegetables are always a safe and nutritious bet. Learn more about nut allergies and find examples of safe foods. We hope this helps.